Trifork was founded in Denmark in 1996. Between 2007 and 2014, Trifork shares were listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. At the beginning of 2014, the headquarters were moved to Schindellegi, Switzerland, and Trifork Holding AG was established as the holding company of the Trifork Group. As part of this reorganization, Trifork was delisted from Nasdaq Copenhagen. In May 2021, Trifork Holding AG was listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Trifork’s capabilities and entry into new markets have been supported by the following significant acquisitions:
- In 2011, Trifork acquired a controlling stake in Erlang Solutions Ltd., headquartered in London, in order to expand Trifork’s presence to Stockholm, London and Krakow and offer its customers end-to-end solutions in telecommunications, messaging, payment systems and process control. In 2021, additional NCIs was acquired and Trifork end of 2021 held 74.4%.
- In 2012, Trifork acquired Orange11, headquartered in Amsterdam. Orange11 was renamed Trifork after the acquisition. The product offering complemented Trifork’s product offering and enabled Trifork to expand in the Dutch market.
- In 2013, Trifork invested in a minority in Open Credo Ltd., headquartered in London, expanding the Trifork’s footprint in the United Kingdom. Trifork acquired full control in 2015 and all remaining shares in 2016.
- In 2014, Trifork acquired 51% of the Design agency Duckwise to strengthen the groups ability to make UX-design and focus on usability. In 2021 all remaining shares was acquired by Trifork.
- In 2016, Trifork acquired an 88% stake in Netic A/S, headquartered in Denmark. The acquisition enhanced Trifork’s capacity to deliver ongoing operational support to its customers.
- In 2018, Trifork acquired 51% of Invokers A/S, headquartered in Copenhagen, in order to kick-start the Trifork Smart Enterprise business area and give Trifork the ability to deliver solutions integrating SAP-backend with mobile front-end, and to increase focus on Design Thinking. In 2019, all remaining shares were acquired and the company was renamed to Trifork Smart Enterprise. Trifork also acquired 70% of Testhuset A/S. Testhuset focus on software quality and testing and was to support in increasing software quality.
- In 2020, Trifork acquired a 70% stake in Nine A/S, a Danish next-gen IT company, strengthening and anchoring Trifork’s role as a provider of software development services to the Danish public sector, thereby increasing the diversity of the customer and revenue mix. Trifork also acquired 51% of SAPBASIS which is focusing on SAP-solutions and operations. This to strengthen the Smart Enterprise business area.
- In 2021, Trifork acquired Vilea, a Swiss-based IT-firm specializing in designing and delivering tailor-made mobile enterprise applications. This to expand Trifork’s position in Switzerland. Trifork also acquired the company StrongMinds, which has specialist knowledge within cloud technologies and also brought in relationships with new public and private customers.
- In December 2022, 60% of the Swiss company Institut für Bildungsevaluation AG (IBE) was acquired. IBE focus on digital learning and exams and is consolidated in the Trifork Group financials from January 2023.